Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:21:34 +0100
Dominique Louis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wow, that is such pity that it has been moved to Post v1.0 as I modularise my code quite a bit that way and use links to DataModules extensively.

Can anyone point out where I should start looking in the Lazarus code base if I want to take the time to submit a fix for this issue?

First of all:
The referenced instance can exist at design time or not. So, the object
inspector must show either the fake name or the real instance name.

You need the instance, or we need to add support to set name first and later set instance. I don't think we want that.

When assigning properties, the referenced datamodule instance must exist. Period.
Otherwise you will get all kids of inconsistent errors.

If the instance is loaded, then the property must be set.
If the instance is freed, then the property must be set to nil and the
object inspector must show the fake value.

and what about changing values ?
And who will keep the fake text ?
And how is this text updated ?

Marc

The object inspector properties can be found in ideintf/propedits.pp.
The loader/writer is in the FCL classes TReader/TWriter.
Probably you need more.

Mattias