Tobias Giesen wrote:
Hello,

I have put a sample project here:
http://www.tgtools.com/privatemac.zip (4.5MB with compiled app)

But all you really need to do is load the small unit SmallTestMain
into the IDE, so I have put it here separately:
http://www.tgtools.com/TranspTestUnit.zip

It contains a very small image but the missing transparency can be
seen very clearly. If you say that I should use .png files with
alpha channels rather than .bmp files I can probably do that too.

Aaahhhhh, now I understand.
If you set manually Image1.Picture.Bitmap.Transparent := True then the problem is solved.

I need to think about mapping TImage.Transparent back to Picture.Bitmap.Transparent again.

Marc