But I'm shure there's no Class-descendant in file2.

Am I right that the handling of "protected"-statements should be the same in D7 and FPC? Then I'm looking elsewhere for the solution to this mysterious phenomenon... *bg*

AFAIK they behave exactly the same.

I can only think you are converting a file that is not used in you're delphi project (a left over so to speak) I have made this mistake in the past of spending time on converting useless units (and getting haunted for it by my fellow programmers :P)