On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:14:51 +0000
Dominique Louis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Firstly, I'd like to propose a slight change to the scanlines example
> so that it is easier for developers to follow the code and to
> possibly incorporate bits of it into their own code.
>
> type
>    TBGRA = packed record
>      b, g, r, a : byte;
>    end;
>    PBGRA = ^TBGRA;
>    TBGRAArray = array[ WORD ] of TBGRA;
>    PBGRAArray = ^TBGRAArray;
>

> procedure TForm1.PaintToRGB32bitScanLine(Row, ImgWidth: integer;
>    LineStart: Pointer);
> // LineStart is pointer to the start of a scanline with the following
> format:
> // 4 bytes per pixel. First byte is blue, second green, third is red.
> // the fourth byte is the Alpha value, which is not specified in this
> // example
> // Black is 0,0,0, white is 255,255,255
> var
>    i: Integer;
>    lrow : PBGRAArray
> begin
>    lrow := PBGRAArray( LineStart )
>
>    // fill line with gray
>    for i := 0 to ImgWidth - 1 do
>    begin
>      lrow^[ i ].r := 128; // set red to 128
>      lrow^[ i ].g := 128; // set green to 128
>      lrow^[ i ].b := 128; // set blue to 128
>    end;
>    // set one diagonal pixel to red ( this creates a diagonal red
> line ) lrow^[ ( Row mod ImgWidth ) ].r := 255; // set red to 255 -
> full intensity
>    lrow^[ ( Row mod ImgWidth ) ].g := 0; // set green to 0
>    lrow^[ ( Row mod ImgWidth ) ].b := 0; // set blue to 0
> end;
>

> I think this is a lot easier to understand than the previous version.

Ok. Can you create a patch?

> Secondly,  I have a scanline issue that I hope someone on here can
> help with. I have 2 TImages on a Form ( I'm using Mac OS X if that
> makes any difference ) one contains an image of a yellow light bulb.
> I want to copy, pixel by pixel, the image from one TImage over to the
> second TImage. Yes I know I could just assign the bitmap from one to
> the other, but this is an exercise in Scanline manipulation. The
> problem I have is that once copied the second TImage contains a blue
> light bulb instead of a yellow one.
>
> The code I'm using is..
>    MyBitmap := TBitmap.Create;
>    ScanLineImage := Image1.Picture.Bitmap.CreateIntfImage;
>    MyBitmap.Width := ScanLineImage.Width;
>    MyBitmap.Height:= ScanLineImage.Height;
>    IntfImage := MyBitmap.CreateIntfImage;
>    ImgFormatDescription.Init_BPP32_B8G8R8_BIO_TTB( ScanLineImage.Width,
> ScanLineImage.Height );
>    IntfImage.DataDescrption := ImgFormatDescription;
>
>    for y := 0 to ScanLineImage.Height do

Height-1

>    begin
>      lrow := ScanLineImage.GetDataLineStart( y );
>      brow := IntfImage.GetDataLineStart( y );

What's brow?

>      for x := 0 to ScanLineImage.Width do

Width-1

>      begin
>        brow^[ x ].r := lrow^[ x ].r; // set red
>        brow^[ x ].g := lrow^[ x ].g; // set green
>        brow^[ x ].b := lrow^[ x ].b; // set blue
>        brow^[ x ].a := lrow^[ x ].a; // set alpha value
>      end;
>    end;
>
>    MyBitmap.LoadFromIntfImage( IntfImage );
>    Image2.Picture.Bitmap := MyBitmap;
>

> Can anyone see a flaw in my logic of using scanlines for this/this
> way?

Yes.
MyBitmap.LoadFromIntfImage( IntfImage )
does no conversion.

You created an image with the format
ImgFormatDescription.Init_BPP32_B8G8R8_BIO_TTB
which is probably not the format of your platform.
Solution:
Don't use ScanLine, but use the Colors property of IntfImage. See the
examples/lazintfimage/fadein1.lpi.

Mattias