Marco van de Voort wrote:
Any thoughts on how to get select() and associated procedures working?

Yes. Use them from baseunix (fpselect fpset* etc). See docs.

Thanks, I think I'm slowly getting there. Also fpFD_ZERO() and so on.

Under Unix they are not just for sockets, hence they are not in the socket
units, but in the general api.

I know. Which I presume is why I still haev to use WinSock on Win-32: there simply isn't a direct equivalent to the select() function.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk