Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
On 15/01/2008, Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When Im writing my software I do not want to debug Lazarus, so why
should I include 10MB of LCL debug Info in my .EXE?
Then when you release, run strip

See it as part of your release. Lazarus won't zip the exe for you
neither. It wont make an installer. ect. etc.
So see it as part of a release process.

Some people are really taking this issue overboard.  Like Marc said:
When you create a release of your product you have do package you
product - zip file, compile you help file etc, etc... Part of that
process can be... TO RUN STRIP!!!

ALL DEBUG INFORMATION WILL BE REMOVED!  BUT WHILE YOU ARE DEVELOPING
YOU NEED THAT DEBUG INFORMATION.

How difficult can it be to run strip?????
How difficult can it be to read the complete thread ???