Giuliano Colla wrote:

> With Lazarus this need has further increased, in order to achieve
> consistent behavior with different widgesets:
> gtk1 TMemo doesn't scroll automatically when text entered exceeds the
> visible portion, while gtk2 and qt do, gtk1 doesn't remove the
> scrollbars when cleared, Qt disables the child form when then main form
> is disabled, while gtk1/2 don't, etc.etc.

Some time ago I fixed the gtk1 bug where the memo would not scroll when
Lines.Add was used. Currently it will scroll if the cursor is at the end
of the text when Lines.Add is used. The cursor will then be moved to the
end of the text as well.  Both gtk1 and gtk2 will behave the same in
this regard.

Andrew