I second that. powutils work great.  We ported a GUI app to CGI and
could reuse a lot of code because everything is still written in
Object Pascal.  So far we are getting away with opening and closing
database connections the whole time, but I am sure if we start using
stress tests we would have to make a plan.  I heard Apache Modules
would be a possible solution to the database connection pool.

For more OOPish solution, someone make a fork of Powtils and wrap it in OOP framework. It does it all, connection pooling, template engine, etc. But, I found it too complicated to use (remind me to Java) so I stick to Powutils for the moment until FPC's CGI framework got stable. ;)

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com