On Feb 11, 2008 8:51 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1)  Do you handle the positioning of the window correctly, even for
> multi-display setups?  Desktop position vs Screen position?

I don't know, I don't have multi-display setups to test.

> 2) Does the position get adjusted if the taskbar (say under Windows)
> is located on the left edge or top edge of a screen. For example, I
> use it on the left edge due to a wide screen monitor.  Lots of
> applications don't consider this and position a window in the top
> right *behind* the taskbar.

The tricky part is on TWSCustomTrayIcon.GetPosition. Getting the
position of the tray was quite easy under gtk1. I don't remember if I
also did for gtk2 but it should be very similar.

Under Windows on the other hand it's a nightmare. The best I found is
some crazy code that allocates memory inside the tray application to
query data and goes around like crazy trying to find our icon inside
the taskbar app, and uses some API only available on Windows 2000+
(which is bad because they I have to dinamically load them =(  )

So I took a simpler approach and I try to detect where the tray is
(actually I failed doing that so I just detect where the whole taskbar
is) and try to put the window in a suitable position.

It works nicely here for taskbar on the bottom. Taskbar on the right
it doesn't work. I think taskbar on the left should work.

Anyway, the code is still very young and needs time to mature.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho