Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:07:05 +0100
From: Ralf Wildenhues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: splint lib/*.h annotations

Some questions and comments regarding splint lib files
(as of splint-3.0.1.6):

fchmod is undeclared in unix.h, cf.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/fchmod.html
A possible declaration could IMHO be

int fchmod (int fildes, mode_t mode)
    /*@modifies fileSystem, errno@*/ ;

crypt is not declared in unix.h, cf.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/crypt.html
Possible declaration:

/*@dependent@*/ char *crypt (const char *key, const char *salt)
    /*@modifies internalState@*/ ;

In posix.h, waitpid's options WNOHANG and WUNTRACED are undefined.  They
are mentioned in
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/wait.html , so maybe
they should be added.  I'm not sure if they are mentioned in POSIX as I
am lacking a standard document, maybe they should be defined in unix.h
instead - maybe somebody with access to a standard document could check
this?

In standard.h and stdio.h, tmpfile should return dependent, similar to
fopen.  freopen should return dependent, too, but I'm not sure if rather
its last argument should be declared as returned.

In posix.h and unix.h, readdir should return dependent, similar to fopen.

BTW, since the time the lclint-interest started  being moderated, I have
only received messages authored by David Evans.  Is this the proposed
way to go, reading the original messages only by quotation in the