Argenton,

Currently, this is a limitation of Splint.  Right now we only try to detect array
accesses in which the index is greater than the maximum allowable value.  We do not
currently try to detect cases in which the index is less than the minimum safe value.

We didn't include this type of checking because reads beyond the end of an array are a
more common problem and checking for reads before the bringing of an array tended to
produce large numbers of false positives.

We'll look into adding some type of functionality to detect reads before the bringing
of an array in a future release.