From: Gavin Henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:25:50 +0000

> Your assumption is wrong. I'm looking at the openldap man page for slapd
> right now, and I don't see any information about how I make it print the > bdb version while it is running. I have tried different google searches > but found nothing about this. I guess I don't use the right search > words, but I have no idea what words to use. I just thought that some > friendly soul would have this information, and was willing to share. I > sure know that if I knew the answer I would certainly help out here.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ /usr/local/libexec/slapd -VV
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.6 (Oct 31 2007 16:29:30) $
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/anything/src/openldap/openldap-2.4.6/servers/slapd

But it won't print bdb version until after it opens the bdb env.

I guess you folks have never heard of slapcat or the debug flag huh. I *know* you've heard of slaptest, because it was a focal point of the start of this thread.

% ../servers/slapd/slaptest -f testrun/slapd.1.conf -d 1
slaptest init: initiated tool.
slap_sasl_init: initialized!
bdb_back_initialize: initialize BDB backend
bdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3, 2003)
hdb_back_initialize: initialize HDB backend
hdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3, 2003)
bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database

  -- Howard Chu