I wanted to elaborated a little more on my earliet message. Windows
supports single sign-on using a authentication mode called “Integrated
authentication”, but it only works within a single domain and both the
client and server must be part of the domain. But if LDAP must support
such a feature, it has to work across domains and multiple firewalls, so I
am wondering if LDAP protocol supports such feature.