Hi list,

Just another quick question :)

Now I have back_sql working, I want to to binds to the specific users.
If I input the password in clear in my database, the bind authenticates
without any problems.

However, I would want to use a crypted password. For this, I have the
following code:

                         $user = "user_name";
                             $pw = "pass";
                     $salt = substr($user, 0, 2);
               $encrypted_password = crypt($pw, $salt);

It's a normal PHP crypt(), with the two first letters of the user name
being the salt.

In PHP I can do:

if (crypt($user_input, $encrypted_password) == $encrypted_password) {
   echo "Password verified!";
}

And the password gets verified. Is it possible to configure OpenLDAP to
authenticate this?

-
Benedikt

This message is digitally signed by a PGP
key, to verify it's authenticity.

If you received this message without key
the message may not be authentic.

www.relamp.tk