Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> The question is how to generate the selection list for all existing
> localities. There seems isn't an equivalent for SQL-style "select
> distinct locality from directory" in OpenLDAP, and not seems to exist in
> other directory server products (I only glanced over feature lists). How
> would you do in such case?

Yes, the functional model of LDAP is much simpler than that of SQL. I'd
just do it on the client side (with all locality names made distinct by
using a Python dictionary).

Another question is: If you want to eliminate all mistyping of locality
names this starts with generating/maintaining the data. So it would
probably a good idea to maintain a set of localities anyway. When
deploying a recent version of OpenLDAP slapo-constraint is handy.

Ciao, Michael.