Thank you for the reply.

Is the problem related to webmin tool that I am using? My organization is
having 4 ldap servers located at 4 different locations with slurpd.conf file
configured in all the 4. So as soon as any new users/groups are created,it
is replicating in all the 4 locations however only the problem is I can't
able to add any users to any particular group. Ldap servers are configured
on Opensuse 10.3 and from past one and half years they didn't gave any such
problems however from past one week I am facing this major problem. there
are some 100 users in the server,created earlier. From past one week as soon
as new users are created they cant be added to the respective group.Also
many applications related to financial,hr,development etc are mapped to
particular group and without adding the users to respective group they cant
able to work.

Can you also tell me after creating a user using ldapadd command, how to add
the user to group?

Thank you again