This got me thinking. I think a lot (while certainly not near all) of our members are currently living in Utah. Would anyone be interested in having regular get-togethers or meetings where we can get to know one another, and perhaps share some of the things pertinent to the purposes of LDSOSS that our members are doing? I don't think even monthly is necessary. We could perhaps do quarterly get-togethers.

I don't want to neglect our members outside of Utah (we even have some outside of the US), so if you have any other suggestions, that would be nice. I think this would be a good way to see what others are doing, and encourage all of us to get out and contribute to OSS. Just some thoughts...

Jesse

V. B. Hunt wrote:
Ashley Oviatt wrote:
V. B. Hunt wrote:

Bryan Murdock wrote:

That's interesting.  Do you use any kind of special paper or printer
that archives better?

Just a heavy bond, acid free paper in an auto-duplexing laser printer. That's usually enough to last for a very long time.

I think a meeting is in order to learn how you do this newfangled technology first hand. I'd love to learn how to bind a hard bound book.

(hmmm this thread is really easy to read as being sarcastic, when in fact the poster is not.)

Ash

Looking over my calendar for the next several months, I see that the most likely time I would have to demonstrate would probably be a Saturday in September or early October. With my wife in school and working and me homeschooling, we're really busy right now. My wife and I are going to a national competition in late June for a school team that she is on. Until that is over, her team has a lot of practices and that leaves very little spare time (this is her second year going). After that, I have promised my kids that do a lot of fishing and camping this summer, which means we will be gone most weekends. My wife is back in school in late August. After we get back into a routine while she is in school and before midterms is usually our least busy time and I most likely could give a demonstration at that time of year.

On the other hand, if you wanted a demonstration sooner, we could try to find someone else that isn't quite so busy right now. I am a member of the Yahoo! BookBinding group. We could probably find someone local that might be willing to do a demonstration sooner than September.

Brice