--- Manfred Riem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I have a couple of other concerns with a web-based app.  One,
>> of course, is the privacy and security issue.  Do we want to
>> create an application where we (in theory, at least) need to
>> have signed permission forms from all of the parents, because
>> we're putting their kids' information online?  Password access
>> controls are all fine and good, but the concern doesn't go
>> away.
>
> Actually I think without wanting to start a legal debate about
> it this would be covered by you as a parent allowing your kids
> to be entered in the MIS already.

Also without wanting to start a legal debate on this thread,
nobody ever asked for permission to enter me or my kids into the
MIS or onto the Church web site, either.  (The two are, by the
way, separate issues: the MIS is, at least in theory, limited to
access by the Bishopric and the ward clerks, where parts of the
web site data are open to anyone from the stake with a password.)