On 15 Feb 2001, at 3:45, Kenneth Hadley wrote:

> I finally got around to testing syslinux v1.52 today and it
> appears mister Anvin (syslinux's creator) has fixed the bugs that
> where causing mayhem for LRP Kernels.... Can anyone else confirm the
> fact that the new syslinux v.1.52 works for them? AND am I going
> nuts when its seams to load the kernel MUCH quicker now?

I don't know if it loads quicker, but I've been using syslinux 1.52
in Oxygen development for a couple of weeks or so - seems to work
just fine.

> My test bed machine (that used to fail with any version of syslinux
> higher than v.1.48 but works with v.1.52) is a Cyrix-266MX

This surprises me - I've never had any problem with 1.49 - nor heard
of any.  Oxygen's been using 1.49 for some time.

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator