Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2002 21:44 schrieb Jacques Nilo:

> 7/ Moving to glibc 2.1 of 2.2 definitively needs stripping
> libraries. KPK proposed a couple of weeks ago an interesting
> approach:
> http://oss.software.ibm.com/developer/opensource/linux/projects/min
>ilibc /

Ok, I've "proposed" that tool, so it seems I have to evaluate it...

>From the README it seems reasonable to try a floppy release, or the
so-called core, with the list of apps posted a few days ago.
For all other apps we should consider a full-blown libc.lrp loaded
from CD or a second disk or whatever.

Until now, I can't see a real benefit over ulibc, even more if we
have in mind, that Arne has successfully compiled all "core"-apps
against ulibc.

Anyway, someone has to testdrive, and given the good experiences with
IBM'ers I had, it might be even fun.

No promise, that I'll ever get something workable -and if I'll fail,
please let's bury this idea once and for all.... :)

"I'll do what I can"
(no means no - bitches brew)
kp
(for any remarks, hints and motivation please reply to my private
address in addition to the list, I'm still having problems with
listmails delivered to my address.)