Mike Noyes wrote:

> Charles Steinkuehler, 2002-02-15 08:21 -0600

I hate to be a bit lazy, but lacking all the fancy Linux
distro's, I was wondering if somebody could distill the
essential commands needed to grab everything in bulk data
format so that I'd just have a few .tgz files or something.
Sort of like:

    1) SF provides nightly tarballs of our repository for backup purposes.
         http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/leaf-cvsroot.tar.gz
    2) Grab all released files
         wget -m http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/leaf/
    3) Rsync some stuff
         rsync blah
    4) Back all that up to tape.

Then I could at least guarantee to have it properly archived.
I could probably do that once a week or two if the download
went fast enough.  It if were 6 GB , that'd take me 11 hours
downloading via my 150 KB/s pipe.  Backup to tape would take
about 30 min :)  Same for verify.

Thanks,
Matt