Am Dienstag, 2. April 2002 07:11 schrieb Greg Morgan:
> There is a piece of information that is missing for me.  If Bering
> uses 2.4.x of the kernel and Dachstein uses 2.2.x, then how can all
> the packages be used for either release?  My assumption is that
> there might be substantial changes between the two kernels and thus
> requiring different libraries.
>
> I also noted that kp has a version of dachstein CD, 1.0.2.1 using
> glibc 2.1.3.  Does that mean that only the packages on his CD are
> compatible with this library?  Moreover, would I have a problem
> using the packages created by Dave Douthitt on kp's 1.0.2.1?

You'll find any package that I've had to rebuild with glibc 2.1.3 in
my cvs-repository - squid-2 and ez-ipupdate to name the most
prominent (additionally I've rebuilded with glibc 2.1.3 python.lrp,
rexx.lrp and perl5.lrp). All other packages are from original
dachstein and therefor glibc 2.0.x-based and work flawlessly AFAIK.

David's packages should work as well.