Have you loaded the correct modules loaded?

Have you read the documentation?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Herrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 6:00 PM
To: Chad Carr; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Leaf-devel] RE: Booting Bering from /dev/hda2

I'm trying to boot Bering 1.0RC2 from either /dev/hda1 or /dev/hda2 on a
hard drive or flash device.  I'm currently testing with a hard drive.
When I try to boot from either /dev/hda1 or /dev/hda2, the init script
complains that it can't find the boot device or install the packages.
Here are the relevant the boot messages while booting from /dev/hda1
(VERBOSE and DEBUG are enabled):
Mounting a 6MB TMPFS filesystem...
umount: /proc/mounts: No such file or directory
Pivoting...
Generating default dirs...
Generating /tmp & /var/log files ...
Generating /dev...
mount: Mounting /dev/hda1 on /var/lib/lrpkg/mnt failed: Device not
configured
mount: Mounting /dev/hda1 on /var/lib/lrpkg/mnt failed: Device not
configured
mount: Mounting /dev/hda1 on /var/lib/lrpkg/mnt failed: Device not
configured
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0
LINUXRC: Could not mount the boot device.  Can't install packages
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
Here is the syslinux.cfg file for /dev/hda1:
display syslinux.dpy
timeout 0
default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0
boot=/dev/hda1:msdos PKGPATH=/dev/hda1
LRP=root,etc,local,modules,pump,keyboard,shorwall,dnscache,weblet
How do I get Bering to boot from /dev/hda1 or /dev/hda2?
Regards,
Richard