Le Jeudi 20 Juin 2002 20:24, Tom Eastep a écrit :
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, jim mcdonagh wrote:
> > Yes i noticed that.  I had to put in the complete file name.
> >
> > Could it be because there is is a line in
> > root.exclude.list of /var/lib/shorewall?
>
> That's a good point. /var/lib/shorewall has traditionally been used for
> maintaining state information about the running configuration. There's no
> need to back up those files.
Yes that is why I put long ago (and I forgot about it :-( ) var/lib/shorewall
in root.exclude.list. I did not want to change Tom's original package (that
is why I did not add an shorwall.exclude.list) and there was indeed no reason
to backup the file in /var/lib/shorewall

> Jacques: You may wish to change the value of STATEDIR in your
> shorewall.conf to something other than /var/lib/shorewall so that when
> folks back up the latter, they won't get the state files.

So here is the "clean" solution which should solve everything:
1/ remove the var/lib/shorewall line in  /var/lib/lrpkg/root.exclude.list
2/ restore var/lib/shorewall   (now the ending / is no more necessary) in
/var/lib/lrpkg/shorwall.list
3/ modify shorewall.conf through entry  12 of the shorwall package
configuration menu and replace
STATEDIR=/var/lib/shorewall
by
STATEDIR=/tmp/shorewall

Tom: is that OK to change that in your LRP package ?
4/ Backup root and shorwall

Jacques