Le Lundi 1 Juillet 2002 17:24, vous avez écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> is there a Bering UML image suitable for kernel recompiling?
>
> I'd like to customise a little a Bering installation, but the UML image
> in the Bering download section has an outdated gcc version which is no
> longer supported for kernel recompiling (according to the docs in the
> 2.4.18 kernel tree!).
Luigi:
The UML image in the LEAF download section is indeed a Debian/slink image for
LEAF developement (glibc 2.0 based) but is not appropriate for a 2.4.x kernel
compilation (which requires a gcc 2.95.3 compiler of greater only available
from Debian/potatoe)
Bering kernel compilation is done on a "real" Debian/potatoe machine not a
virtual one. But there is a Debian 2.2 fs image available on the
user-mode-linux web site. Check here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/user-mode-linux/root_fs_debian2.2_small.bz2
You will have to install the compiler on it through standard Debian package
install.
Hope this can help
Jacques