Hi Jacques, thanks for getting back to me.

I was missing /usr/local/bin from my path statement. Now I can run umlxterm
from the console command line or from the xterm command line and get the
window as specified. Unfortunately, though, when I run my start-up script it
stills comes up as the old white and black screen with the invisible cursor.

ls -la /usr/local/bin/umlxterm
-rwxr-xr-x      1 ebk   root    58 Oct 12 15:54 /usr/local/bin/umlxterm

Here is a copy of my umlxterm script. Maybe someone will see something that
I have missed.

#!/bin/sh
exec xterm -bg blue -fg white -cr yellow "$@"

Here is a copy of my startuml script. Maybe someone will see something that
I have missed.

#!/bin/sh

        ./linuxuml-2.4.18-21    \
        xterm=umlxterm          \
        ubd0=bering_fs          \
        eth0=daemon                     \
        initrd=initrd.lrp               \
        root=/dev/ram0          \
        init=/linuxrc           \
        boot=/dev/ubd0:minix    \
        PKGPATH=/dev/ubd0               \
        devfs=nomount           \
        LRP=root,etc,local,log,modules,libm,libssl,(and so on...)

Regards,
Eric Kiser