-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Erich Titl
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 10:09 PM
To: Michael D. Schleif; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-devel] LEAF Platform

Hi Michael

At 17:50 23.07.2003, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
>Also sprach Erich Titl (Tue 22 Jul 02003 at 07:29:23PM +0200):

No, no, Zarathustra is not a relative......

> > Hi everybody
> >
> > I am just about to port Bering to a new embedded piece of hardware,
except
> > for a few keyboard errors quite successfully. I believe this platform
> could
> > be very interesting for anyone contemplating a distribution of a
> > standardized HW platform.
> >
> > Here is the link.
> >
> > http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm
>
>This is interesting.
>
>What are you using for an enclosure?  Perhaps, enclosure specifications
>are on the website, but I didn't see them . . .

This is purely alpha right now, by a funny coincidence I got the chance to
test drive that hardware. The developer plans to make enclosures available
as soon as production is up. so right now the thing looks exactly as it is
on the image at pcengines.

There are a few quirks still to overcome, that piece of HW does _not_ have
a keyboard controller and as stupid as this may be there is at least one
function which relies on it, reboot ????

It will probably need a new kernel which does not care about the keyboard
controller at start up and I want to have a look at reboot to see if I can
make this work without the keyboard controller.

cheers
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16