Stijn Jonker wrote:

What do you all think, is this an usefull addition? If so i'll see if i can get a patch ready over the (long easter) weekend.

I favor a different approach and would have done it if I would have thought of it before 2.0.0-RC1 was out. We discussed it on the LEAF development list recently so I'm including that list in my post.

I think that all of the shorewall configuration files should be released into /usr/share/shorewall and that only those that the user modifies go in /etc/shorewall/.

I'm willing to do that but it would mean that 2.1 would come out hot on the heals of 2.0 (it's a *big* change in the documentation so it would have to be a major releae). I'd also be willing to wave the 2 major release support rule and continue to support 1.4 until 2.2 is released.

Opinions?

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]