Erich Titl wrote:

At 03:04 14.04.2004, you wrote:

Erich Titl wrote:
..
My point is that /var/lib/lrpkg/shorwall.conf should not point to files that do not exist.

Oh.... sorry, this is for the configuration tool .... my fault :-(

Mhhh an egg and hen problem. If we include it in the initial distribution then an upgrade will overwrite it. IIRC LEAF does not have a postinstall function yet.

Now we are on the same page :-)

Well, it sounds complicated to me -- I'm lost :-)

Sorry, probably my fault being unclear :-(

I am referring to the lrcfg backup tool in LEAF.

The respective .list files in the directory /var/lib/lrpkg define what files are part of a .lrp package.

Files that are defined in multiple .list packages are not archived at all, but files implicitly included in a directory path in one file _and_ explicitly included in the other are backed up in the package which explicitly includes them.

If the /var/lib/lrpkg/shorwall.list file _and_ the /var/lib/lrpkg/swconf.list file both contain /etc/shorewalluser/shorewall.conf _and_ both packages are installed on a LEAF system then this file would never be backed up. This can be avoided by including /etc/shorewalluser to /var/lib/lrpkg/shorewall.list _and_ /etc/shorewalluser/shorewall.conf to /var/lib/lrpkg/swconf.list, e.g. naming the file explicitly in swconf.list.

If _both_ packages (shorewall.lrp and swconf.lrp) are installed then the /etc/shorewalluser/shorewall.conf will be saved to the swconf.lrp package.

If only shorewall.lrp is installed then the file will go to shorewall.lrp.

Ok -- now I understand. Thanks,

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]