Am 05.06.2012 10:40, schrieb Yves Blusseau:
> Le 04/06/2012 20:04, KP Kirchdoerfer a écrit :
>> Hi Yves,
>>
>> Am 04.06.2012 19:33, schrieb Yves Blusseau:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i find a bug in the management of proxy NDP in shorewall 4.4.27.3 package.
>>> So do you think it's possible to merge the modifications done in the 'next'
>>> branch into the 'master' banch so we can have a shorewall 4.5.x package for
>>> leaf 4.3 ?
>>
>> It should be possible, but even the next branch is currently outdated
>> regarding shorewall. There has been a lot of changes in the past
>> releases and I wanted to have a stable version (packaging-related)
>> before hunting for a running beast.
>>
>> Watching the shorewall list it seems to have been stabilized, so a good
>> point in time to give the latest stable version a try.
>>
>> Will look into it over the weekend.
> Thanks a lot kp.
>
> Regards,
> Yves

Hi Yves;

I tried and resolved a few problems with Tom's help while updating
shorewall for the next branch - but I failed to backport it to master.

The culprit was libdigest-sha1-perl - it looks to me that
cross-compiling (here compiling with a different perl version on the
build host) perl modules (specifically modules that also has a C part)
does not work for the master branch. In the next branch Andrew applied
patches for cross-compiling - at least that works (double-checked with
an older build host with perl version 5.10).

I'll commit the work to next branch, and you'll have to either wait for
5.0, or try to fix your specific pb with shorewall maintainer, or you'll
try to port libdigest-sha1-perl to master.

Sorry, but that is the result of a weekend.