On 06/23/2012 08:23 AM, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
> Am 23.06.2012 16:45, schrieb Mike Noyes:
>> On 06/23/2012 05:58 AM, Mike Noyes wrote:
>>> Everyone,
>>> I will migrate Mediawiki and use it  to replace our aging website.
>>>
>>> Hosted apps retirement
>>> *Hosted Apps will go offline permanently on September 1, 2012*
>>> http://sourceforge.net/blog/hosted-apps-retirement
>>>
>>> Migrating MediaWiki from Hosted Apps to Project Web
>>> http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Migrating%20MediaWiki%20from%20Hosted%20Apps/
>>
>> Hosted Apps Retirement
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Hosted%20Apps%20Retirement/
>> MediaWiki    In progress, on hold due to Project web limitation that
>> prevents MediaWiki installs of versions 1.17 and later
>>

> Mike,
> can you explain a bit more?
>
> They'll close 'hosted apps', but migration is on hold??

KP,
Correct. They won't close hosted apps until Sep 1 st. They're working on
the fix for Mediawiki, so we shouldn't attempt migration yet.

> How much are we affected? The wiki pages?

MediaWiki and Trac. We may want to upgrade our project to Allura (SF 2)
allowing track migration to Allura. Trac migration details are fuzzy at
this time. The Allura wiki is integrated with SF it isn't feature
compatible with Mediawiki, so I recommend we migrate Mediawiki to our SF
project web.

> And any chance our old webpages won't be replaced by a wiki? IMHO a wiki
> looks odd as entry point - it's serving well for the documentation though.

This is possible. SF project web supports multiple mysql databases.

I think the wiki is a better representation of our project at this time,
and making it the default is advisable. Instead of me trying to generate
the new website off SF, then migrate it to SF like I did last time, I'd
like to work from the SF project web. This will allow creation of our
new drupal? website on the SF project web by our development team,
instead of a single member.

--
Mike Noyes
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes