On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 11:50 +0100, david M brooke wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 23:50 +0300, Andrew wrote:
> >
> > What showstoppers we have for tagging BuC 5.0-alpha release? I saw that
> > samba still fails to build due to headers missing (uuid/uuid.h).
>
> I am currently seeing a clean build for all packages when using the i486
> toolchain. For me, configuring samba omits uuid support:
>  configure: DNS Updates support only possible with AD and GSSAPI support
>  checking uuid/uuid.h usability... no
>  checking uuid/uuid.h presence... no
>  checking for uuid/uuid.h... no
>  configure: uuid.h is needed to enable DNS Updates support
>
> Could you please send me your samba build log (off-list) so I can
> compare? Most likely it is picking up something from your build host.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sending your logs.
I believe I have located the problem.
The samba configure script contains the line:
    ICONV_LOOK_DIRS="/usr /usr/local /sw /opt"
and for you /usr/include/ is added to CPPFLAGS so it is finding uuid.h
at configure time but not at build time. (For me it is /usr/local/ and I
don't have uuid.h in there.)

The best fix seems to be to add "--with-libiconv=$(BT_STAGING_DIR)/usr"
to the configure arguments in buildtool.mk. I will do that (once I have
refreshed my local Git repository).

For future reference, if we do actually need uuid/uuid.h, we can remove
"--disable-uuidd" from the e2fsprogs buildtool.mk and add it from there.

dMb