Le 19 déc. 2012 à 17:46, KP Kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net> a écrit
:

> Hi Gents;
>
> I'd like to make a proposal for the timeframe and features of the second
> alpha version of 5.0.
>
> First of all, I think it should still be an alpha version - so neither
> the kernel nor the uClibc are fixed.
>
> Also the major goal for 5.0 to support other cpu architectures misses at
> least one image/example.
>
> We saw over 100 downloads of alpha1 and received no complaints so far,
> so I consider for X86_32 even an alpha1 version was not bad.
>
> Along with usual Package updates and fixes, the new features for the
> second alpha could be a X86_64 image and to "enable" zram support at
> least, and eventually offering signed packages.
>
> As far as I'm aware a X86_64 version currently needs
> - a patch for vsftpd
> - a solution for the uClibc loader (lib/ld-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so vs
> lib/ld64-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so
> - and images (AFAIR it worked without changes)

About the uClibc shared library, i've already start to discuss about this with
Andrew. Look at the messages with x86_64 toolchain subject.
Actually we are 2 solutions:
* Patch the toolchain so the library will always be: /lib/ld-uClibc.so
* Add a variable and put the right name for every toolchains

> About zram support, I've lost track about it's status.
> I know some changes has been made in master (like swap support in the
> kernel), others seems to be merged into next branch (like changes to
> conf/images/common/leaf.cfg) - don't know what other changes ended in
> which repository..., and finally it lacks any documentation how to
> enable and to make use of it.

The zram support is in the topic branch: buc5-zram-support

This branch as been merged in next but not in master. If we decided to
integrate it, we only have to merge the topic branch into master.

For the configuration there are a new variable: zswap_size that can be defined
in leaf.cfg.
The values can be:
        -1 = disabled
        0  = auto
        other = size of sram swap partition

 Default is -1, but for our images i fixed it to 0 (in
conf/image/common/config.cfg)

Regards,
Yves