Hi;

I've tried to rebuild the toolchain and packages for raspberry pi with
kernel 3.10-rc4 (because it seems to have raspberry pi support without
further patches).

The kernel update have had some surprises and I'm still not able to
build everything.

The failing packages are iptables, openswan, ipset, accel-ppp and a few
others, mostly kernel-dependend packages.

A major change from 3.6 (the last one I've compiled rpi support for) to
>=3.7 is described here:

to build the kernel I changed repo/linux/buildtool.mk:
      ARCH=$(ARCH) $(MAKE) -C linux-$$i include/linux/version.h
headers_install && \

to:
     ARCH=$(ARCH) $(MAKE) -C linux-$$i headers_install && \

don't know it that causes subsequent errors.

Also uClibc needs a patch (very much shortened):

diff -urN
uClibc-0.9.33.2.orig/libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/bits/kernel_types.h
uClibc-0.9.33.2/libc/sysdeps/linux/a
+typedef long                   __kernel_long_t;

+typedef unsigned long          __kernel_ulong_t;

These changes are at least required to build the toolchain and the
kernel, but it seems they aren't enough.

I haven't put any work in other architectures than rpi, but if someone
is willing to test and work on upcoming changes for our toolchain to
support kernel >=3.7, I'll commit my work in the rpi repository.