Hi Erich;

Am Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014, 14:09:34 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi
>
> I have successfully loaded the driver for my atheros card, but it
> appears there are a few glitches in the reulatory domain field. Some of
> you may remember the thread
> "Wifi on BuC 4.3.1"
>
> [   60.288494] WARNING: at
> /opt/buildtool-5/source/i486-unknown-linux-uclibc/linux/linux-3.4/net/wirele
> ss/reg.c:401 regulatory_init+0x92/0x103 [cfg80211]()
> [   60.289581] db.txt is empty, you should update it...
>
> It appears that the regulatory db used is empty, so we cannot use it.

I found two commits regarding thgis issue:

032109b3b4c91acdfb5c99456b44524249cc206c
" Add regulatory database file for wireless drivers. This allows finer
selection
of regulatory settings."
with changes to repo/linux/buildtool.mk.

and
2db96df927db6a77ca89bc4f57cc4e30f6b8d95d
 "This patch adds a parameter to the ath.ko driver module, allowing the user
to define the default regulatory domain to be chosen if the Atheros based card
does not specify a regulatory country code. The parameter used is crty_default
and the value chosen must correspond to a code from regdb.h. If the parameter
is not set at module installation the traditional CTRY_UNITED_STATES is used
as before."

I've downloaded a recent wireless-regdb file and enabled it in buildtool.mk

       bzcat $(WIRELESS_REGDB) | tar -xvf -

       cp $(WIRELESS_REGDB:.tar.bz2=)/db.txt linux/net/wireless

But the second commit is just a patch and in now way integrated into
buildtool.
I'm also not shure if it still applies.

My intention is to release a 5.0.3-rc1 next weekend, but will wait if you need
some more time to rework/test the patch and commit a version that applies
without pb. Otherwise we may add it until 5.0.3 final.
Can you  test the patch with next major version (kernel 3.10) please?

Anyway, it looks to me we should first help you to get back on track with git
repositories and the toolchain, as we do need your experience and help for
freeswan/libreswan as well :)

Hopefully Yves will take care about your git questions and Andrew for the
toolchain.

My suggestion is that you put away some diskspace and start from scratch...
And if you still have pb's with the toolchain, are you able to work with
virtual environment - I did that with virtualbox for 4.x the last two years.
kp