Hi all,

i have clone our leaf repository to github without any binaries in it. So the
repository has a size of 7MB.
You can checkout it with:
git clone g...@github.com:LEAF-Bering-uClibc/bering-uclibc.git

The purpose of this repository is to check and test the tools that is use to
manage this repository. It's a demo repository so you can made all that you
want on it.
To manage this repository i have create a new tool: tools/annex. It's mimic git
and it is use to store and retrieve binary files from another git repository
(without getting all the history).

The best to use the buildtool scripts is like before:
source the contrib/buildtool-completion.bash script
source the contrib/tools-wrappers script

The best is to add lines like this in your $HOME/.bashrc file:

source leaf_workingdir/contrib/buildtool-completion.bash
source leaf_workingdir/contrib/tools-wrappers

with leaf_workingdir is your working directory.

With that you have bash completion in buildtool commands (buildtool,
buildpacket, buildimage, annex). Also you can call the scripts anywhere without
specifying the path, and you don't have to add sudo/fakeroot in front of script
like buildpacket.

The "alias" for the commands are:
buildtool for buildtool.pl
buildpacket for buildpacket.pl
buildimage for buildimage.pl
annex for tools/annex

About the annex tool you can see a little introduction in the wiki:
https://github.com/LEAF-Bering-uClibc/bering-uclibc/wiki/Annex-tool

About the migration from old symlink files and the new system is really easy:
just change the Server key in buildtool.cfg files from localrepo to
leaf-storage. Example:
<File gcc-4.8.3.tar.bz2>
        Server = localrepo
        Directory = toolchain
        envname = GCC_SOURCE
</File>

become

<File gcc-4.8.3.tar.bz2>
        Server = leaf-storage
        Directory = toolchain
        envname = GCC_SOURCE
</File>

The binary files are retrieve directly in the repo/package directory like where
they are before. Also a symlink is create between the source directory and the
package repo directory during the buildtool source phase like before.

To finish, can you play with it so we can switch to a clean repository without
binaries if everyone is okay.

To have write access to the github repository can you create a github account
and give me your logging so i can add you to the project.

Regards,
Yves