Hi Yves

Am 18.03.2015 um 14:32 schrieb Yves Blusseau:

>> Le 14 mars 2015 à 20:12, kp kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> Hi Yves;

> i have answer the question in the LEAF upgrade thread :D.
> The best for me, (and it is what i use at work) is to use my git-store
> command to manage the package repository.
> With this you have the profit of versioning the packages and group the
> packages by version/architecture using branches without needed to retrieve
> all the binaries.
>
> I have "transform" your git repository
> https://sourceforge.net/p/leaf/packages/ci/master/tree/ to a "git-store
> repository": https://sourceforge.net/p/leaf/packages-store/ci/master/tree/ so
> you can see the difference between the two.
>
> use git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/leaf/packages-store leaf-packages-store
> and you will retrieve the tree without the binaries.

What is this for? What can one do without the content?

> Now with the git-store command you can retrieve any packages you want using
> the transport protocol that was used to clone the repository.

That is all fine, but there is no git-store on the leaf boxes (and I
doubt there will ever be).

> See the Readme.txt file for information
> (https://sourceforge.net/p/leaf/packages-store/ci/master/tree/Readme.txt)

Great..... What does it do? Is this an interface to git? What is the
difference between a git repository and this git-store built repository
and why does git not provide the same functionality?

I am afraid you expect an in depth knowledge of git to understand what
you did.

thanks

Erich