Am 15.12.2015 um 19:52 schrieb Andrew:
> This is for i486 target? USB is compiled in, or as module? Is USB
> present on target platform? USB is enough fat, and not all legacy
> platforms have USB.

Indeed, and that is why this is so overloaded.

> For geode, of course it have a big sense (there's a single CPU and
> single chipset). + I think thatsome platform-specific things like WDT
> should be also compiled into kernel.

It is compiled in for geode, not for WRAP.

> But I'm in doubt about generic targets with tens of ATA/SATA controllers.

Sure, this is quite some overhead, but the numbers don't lie.
I think we still have a number of WRAPs out there and for this target
there is no good configuration available.

Nevertheless, these numbers come from the i486 architecture config with
lots of *ata drivers compiled in.

It will be very interesting to see what can be done if we avoid to
install modules at all, just make them available on the fly with squashfs.

cheers

ET