Am 05.03.2016 um 00:57 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> Hi Erich;
>
> They are not forgotten, they are still used for armv6 toolchain.
> We need to update the raspberry kernel (armv6) to 4.4, until then both kernel
> versions configs are needed to keep the kernel for raspberry pi at 4.1, which
> is known to work.

Then IMHO 4.4 does not belong to master but to an experimental side
branch until it is established :-)

It is almost impossible to keep synchronized with such a development. As
mentioned before new-initrd-6 cannot safely be rebased due to some
development in master. Unfortunately it difficult to trace development
in git as the individual changes to distinct files are somehow lost in
the maze and cannot easily be reverted (or at least I don't know how
that can be done)

Maybe someone else has a secure way to rebase new-initrd-6 to master

cheers

ET