On 2/8/02 at 9:14 PM, John Mullan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you tell me how to make use of lcdd.lrp and
> lcdproc.lrp??
>
> I can see the packages load with the others. If I have a
> working piece of LCD hardware, would something show up
> automatically?  If not, how do I set things up so that
> something shows up on the LCD?

There are two parts: the server (LCDd) and the client (lcdproc).  Once
the server is loaded, you should see a display as long as you've told
the server all the details of what sort of LCD you have and so on.
When you load lcdproc, it should start giving you lots of data (of
whatever you've specified).

LCDd is finicky about options, as it's option parsing is pretty bad -
if things act strange, then move the options from one side of the
command line to the other...
--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator