Hello,

problem:

  When I boot my router (EigerStein2beta) everthing works fine until dhclient grabs an
IP. dhclient pulls down an IP but then says the newwork is down and turns eth0 off
(eth0 stays on until RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable.). Here is the dhcp
info that is given at boot time:

   IP filters: [IP Forwarding: DISABLED] flushed
Nothing to flush.
eth0: Setting Rx mode to 0 address
Listening on LPF/eth0/00:60:97:68:fb:bc
Sending on LPF/eth0/00:60:97:68:fb:bc
Sending on Socket/fallback/fallback-net
   IP filters: [IP Forwarding: DISABLED] flushed
   IP filters: [IP Forwarding: DISABLED] flushed
Nothing to flush.
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5
recieve-packet failed on eth0: Network is down
DHCPOFFER from 205.233.15.193
DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from 205.233.15.193
RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable.
   IP filters: firewall [IP forwarding: ENABLED]
bound to 208.38.5.206 -- renewal in 43200 seconds

But if I now login and run "dhclient eth0", eth0 comes back up and my internal network
can access the internet. What is happening here? why does dhclient work now?

Here is the log of what happens after I run "dhclient eth0" :

   IP filters: [IP Forwarding: DISABLED] flushed
Listening on LPF/eth0/00:60:97:68:fb:bc
Sending on LPF/eth0/00:60:97:68:fb:bc
Sending on Socket/fallback/fallback-net
DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from 205.233.15.193
eth0: Setting Rx mode to 1 address
   IP filters: firewall [IP forwarding: ENABLED]
bound to 208.38.5.206 -- renewal in 43200 seconds

Side note:  I set up dhclient.conf to send my hostname and mac addr, as my ISP
requires.

If someone could please help me that would be great :-)
Maybe even a work around like, like how would I make a script that ran on startup
after everything else that would send the command "dhclient eth0" ? Would that mess
other things up? (like other *.lrp packages)

Thanks
Josh

Hush provide the worlds most secure, easy to use online applications - which solution
is right for you?
HushMail Secure Email http://www.hushmail.com/
HushDrive Secure Online Storage http://www.hushmail.com/hushdrive/
Hush Business - security for your Business http://www.hush.com/