Eric House wrote:

> I'm trying to build a package (.lrp file) that has a script in
> /etc/init.d.  The packages I'm copying also have scripts in init.d,
> but they don't seem to include the symlinks in the /etc/rc?.d
> directories that cause those scripts to get called.  Yet once
> installed the symlinks are there -- for these packages, not mine :-(.
>
> My question: how do I get symlinks to my init.d script to be added to
> the /etc/rc?.d directories?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Eric House
>
> PS My package updates local DNS to include the names of local hosts
> granted dhcp leases.  The init.d script exists only to add a line to
> /etc/crontab.  If there's a better way to do that please let me know.

[1] Open in any file under /etc/init.d/ and look for lines like this:

        RCDLINKS="0,K01 1,K01 2,S15 3,S15 4,S15 5,S15 6,K01"

    The only challenge is to properly place your script in the startup
and shutdown sequences.

[2] Regarding the function of your script, you may want to take a look
at this:

        http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/helices/dhcp_2_dns.sh

HTH

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .