Jan Linders wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> Can someone please tell me if there is a limit on the length of
> the record : default linux .....(etc)   in the syslinux.cfg file.
> And if so, what I can do to solve this ?
>
> I'm trying to load several packages which i added after "LRP=".
> All packages before position 253 are loaded ok. The rest fails
> by cutting off on the first package name beyond position 253.
>
> Ex.       .......weblet,junkbust,libz,lncurses,top,sshd
>
> loads upto lncurses and gives an error on loading top, telling me it's
> trying
> to load "to" and the rest is ignored....
>
> Thanks in advance.....

syslinux.cfg has a limited length.  Switch to Dachstein which allows you
to list the programs to load in lrpkg.cfg on the floppy.  lrpkg.cfg allows
unlimited loading of programs at boot.  lrpkg.cfg is just a line of text
with the name of each file separated by commas.

e.g.

etc,local,modules,ramlog,dhcpd,dnscache,weblet,libz,sshd

Victor McAllister