Hi Charles

At 02:21 08.03.2002 -0800, you wrote:
> > Finally, as a constructive suggestion, does anyone think it would be
>useful
> > if all ipchains rules where built up in one place in the config, and it
>was
> > all done in a more 'tabular' fashion, so that rules could be added easily,
> > and options such as logging for some of the defaults could be easily
> > switched off.
>
>Probably, but it would take a lot of work.  Are you volunteering?

I am in the process to propose a little LEAF base VPN here. I might find
some spare hours to look into it.

I might just list the ipchains/ipmasqadm commands as they are built by the
ipfilter.conf. I am pretty sure this will still fit on the floppy.

Could anyone suggest a superset of rules which will just be pumped through
the firewall set up script. Instead of
executing the rules we could just dump them into a file and then see where
we get.

This should us a good idea how deep we will have to wade.

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16