Hi Claas

Claas Anders Rathje wrote the following at 22:09 16.07.2002:
>On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:23:35 +0200
>Erich Titl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > OK
> >
> > Just a shot in the dark....
> >
> > You have to tell the LEAF/LRP box to NAT the traffic from 192.168.0.x to
> > your external address and vice versa and route it through 192.168.1.253,
> > unless you do another NAT on your server.
>
>Well, it routes through 192.168.1.253 because i can telnet on my lrp box
>and ping clients in the .0.x net... But how do I tell the LRP box to route
>.1.1 as it does AND .0.x ?
>
> > Why don't you connect the 192.168.0.x network directly to your LEAF/LRP
> > box? This might make life easier.
>
>Well... Then I would need another NIC and another loooooong cable ;)

Not necessarily, I don't know why your server needs 2 NICS :-(, but whatever...

>But I
>think it would be the same because I can tell the machine i'm sitting on
>to be 192.168.0.2 for example and *bing* I cannot connect to the WWW
>anymore and this one iss direktly (well theres a switch between me and the
>LRP Box) connected... That is still my problem...

I don't know Eigerstein but the problem I see is that you have to NAT
something you are not even directly connected to. This means IMHO that you
have to actively modify the NAT rules in that box. I think this is
something the configuration was not meant to be

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16