From: "Erich Titl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] dhcp_2_dns

Hi

At 06:42 12.09.2002, you wrote:
>A while back, I asked the list how I could get my dhcp server to update my
>dns server.  I finally felt up to the task tonight so I downloaded a script
>written by Michael D. Schleif:
>     <http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/helices/scripts/dhcp_2_dns.sh>
>I now have 3 questions:
>
>First, it gives some error messages when I run it:
>
>[: 20020908084404: out of range
>[: 20020912062502: out of range
>[: 20020912040952: out of range
>[: 20020912042402: out of range
>
>These are coming from line 174:
>
>                 # Lease expired?                        # 1
>                 [ $end -lt $current_date ] \
>                         && continue
>                 [ ${debug:-0} -ne 0 ] && echo "Lease is CURRENT"
>
>So, any idea how to stop these error messages?  I'm running on bering 1.0
rc
>3 if that helps.

looks like the date strings/numbers are too big for ash ??

>Second, it was suggested that I should run this from cron.  Is there any
way
>to have the dhcp server run it when the lease file is update instead?  (I
>want to minimize the lag between an address changing and the dns server
>being updated)

It depends which tool you use as dhcp client. In dhclient you can add an
update command to dhclient_exit_hooks, dhcpcd has a file which is executed,
IIRC it is called dhcpcd.exe. Pump has a script facility to be defined in
pump.conf

HTH
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16