Hi Erich,

* Erich Titl ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [021105 01:48]:
[snip]
> I ran into this myself when I was building/testing the write protected DOM.
> I believe building a (for example) bering kernel without gresecurity could
> solve the issue. I am still in the process of defining a viable development
> platform for myself (UML is not viable because it needs X or a real
> console).
[snip]

I'm curious about your statement "UML is not viable because it needs X or a
real console."  I use UML exclusively from a PuTTY ssh session to the UML
host system, then use GNU screen to connect to the UML instances.  There is
no "X or a real console" involved ;).