-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brad Fritz
Sent: 27 November 2002 09:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Wisp on DiskOnChip

Mohan et al,

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 05:54:07 +0530 Mohan wrote:

> I just finished an install of Bering on DoC following the users guide.
> It did not work first shot. Brad did point out that the nftla device is
> not listed in /var/lib/lrpkg/root.mount file. I did that too. I was
> parsing thro' Linuxrc when I saw the hack for DoC. It said the pkgpath
> declaration in syslinux.cfg should not be there for boot from DoC to
> work. I did that and I was home. I do not think this is documented in
> the user's manual though.

Sounds like it is time for me to revisit that document using
Bering 1.0-stable as a starting point.  I think Jacques made
adjustments to stable that make some of the steps I wrote
about unncessary anyhow.

The most recent version of that document (in DocBook) format
is at:

http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leaf/devel/bradfritz/bering_contrib/do
c/budiskonchip.xml

Patches or specific suggestions for improvements are *always*
welcome, so feel free to send 'em my way directly or via the
list if you have 'em.  (That includes additions for WISP,
which I haven't made time to play with yet.)

--Brad