Chad has made Win2K configuration using IPSec look simple in  his
documentation. It does not seem as if the description is enough to get it to
work well first shot. I've had a horrid time going thro' a Win2K
configuration. I've been in the Windows world for over 12 years and Win2K
IPSec configuration is as convoluted as it can get.

I'm learning. I've been able to set up a preshared key tunnel between a leaf
box and a RH Linux box to connect two LANs as under
                        192.168.1.1                                     192.168.2.1
   local LAN   |    +------------+      Internet Link +--------+     |local LAN
192.168.1.0/24 |----| LEAF Bering|================|RH
Linux|-----|192.168.2.0/24
                   |      +------------+                          +--------+     |

I then thought I'd set up Win2K to LEAF using preshared keys. I've got stuck
up here. I'd like some light here.

1. My Win2K box is a Internet dial up box on Dynamic IP. Can I use preshared
keys in this scenario between Win2K and LEAF? If so, how do I configure my
Win2K box. Most documentation I've seen refer to x509 certificate use for
such a scenario. Setting up a separate machine for this in a predominant
Windows network poses organisational problems.
2. I've seen a ipsec.exe tool in Nate Carlson's page
http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-x509.php . One of the things that
make my head spin is two tunnels for one connection and the sequence of
configuration. Can someone throw some light on this please? Is Nate
Carlson's utility an overkill for a LEAF scenario? If not, can it not be
adopted to make life simpler?

Bye
Mohan