On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:37, wing newton wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> How do I use /etc/modules to do the following, like
> what conf.modules does:
>
> alias eth0 orinoco
> alias eth1 tulip
> alias eth2 ne2000 io=3e0
> alias eth3 ne2000 io=2e0

I don't think you can do it that way. I don't fully understand the ethx
numbering scheme but it has something to do with their ordering in pci
slots and possibly which module is called first in /etc/modules. Since
the orinoco card is pcmcia (yes?) it will probably (guess on my part) be
assigned eth0. According to the Bering docs, you are suppose to declare
the orinoco module from the pcmcia package and not from /etc/modules. As
for declaring io and irq values, see examples in /etc/modules.

Stephen